Evolution Dry Relic Kontakt Library
Many acoustic guitar sample libraries focus on providing a clean, balanced tone: plenty of body, and a crisp high end. These qualities are all great if you need a sound that blends in the mix, but sometimes you need a guitar that brings its own personality to the table.
Presenting Evolution Dry Relic. Recorded using an early ‘50s Gibson J-45, this is a guitar that’s seen a lot of history, and has plenty more stories to tell. There’s nothing like the sound of aged wood that’s been soaking in more character with the passing of every season. Paired with a set of well-worn strings, the guitar has a gorgeous, thunky low end with a spark of life in the highs. The library is just what you need to give your song a boost in personality.
We developed the library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah’s most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporated analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the guitar. Evolution Dry Relic includes both the as-recorded signal as well as an enhanced signal.
For the sampling session, Guy Randle worked with Ryan Tilby, a versatile multi-instrumentalist who has performed at countless music festivals and toured Europe multiple times. His compositions have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Outdoor Photo Adventures, and other prominent TV shows. Ryan Tilby also offers remote recording services for clients around the world in need of guitar, banjo, bass, mandolin, and ukulele tracks.
Evolution Dry Relic is based on our Evolution engine, which provides you with a wealth of appointments: an innovative strumming pattern editor, automatic chord detection, and a robust built-in effects engine. If you’ve used any of our guitar or bass libraries that use the Evolution engine, its interface and workflow will be very familiar to you.
The library includes many factory presets for ready-to-use acoustic guitar tones that will boost the personality of your productions and help them stand out from the others.
- – Built-in effects collection for production-ready acoustic guitar tones.
- – Pattern editor and chord voicing system for authentic strumming and picking patterns.
- – Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
- – Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
- Sampling specifications:
- – 11.4 GB (compressed to 6 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
- – Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects like string slaps, percussive body hits, and others.
- – Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
- – The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.
NI Kontakt 5.7.3 or higher is required!