Introduction to Music Publishing for Musicians: Business & Creative Perspectives for the New Music Industry (Music Pro Guides)
At a time when artists are independently releasing their own music and acting as their own self-publishers, there has never been a greater need for a simple and easy-to-read introduction to the business and creative aspects of music publishing for musicians.
Written by two musicians and industry pros with decades of experience, Introduction to Music Publishing For Musicians is organized into seven clearly written sections that will help musicians save time and avoid getting screwed. Topics include the basics of copyrights, types of publishing income, publishing companies and types of deals, creative matters of music publishing, and things you need to know about music publishing’s future.
The book features:
- Short digestible chapters written in a conversational tone to keep artists focused
- Section-by-section FAQs that expand on key issues that musicians encounter today
- Boxed text stories featuring current events to emphasize key concepts
- Interviews with top beat makers, collaborators, and more to provide secrets of success
- A glossary to help you keep track of important publishing terms
- Publishing resources offering to help you place and promote your music
- Chapter quizzes and activity assignments to help measure your knowledge
Bobby Borg and Michael Eames have created a compact, simple and easy-to-read overview of today’s music publishing industry that caters to both students and musicians (songwriters, producers, beat makers, and more) who want quick, up-to-date, credible, and relatable information so that they can get back to doing what they like best: creating music!