SubSine Academy Electronic Music Production with Ableton Live 10 TUTORIAL
Electronic Music Production with Ableton Live 10
Ableton Live 10 is without doubt the greatest music production software ever created. Whether you’ve never opened it in your life or are an experienced producer looking to make the switch, this course is for you.
This complete course has 9 hours of world-class tuition from one of the planet’s leading trainers.
Join Ableton Certified Trainer and critically acclaimed artist Simon Stokes (aka Petrichor // Soma Records) as he guides you on how to create top-quality electronic music from start to finish in Ableton Live 10.
50 Comprehensive Videos with 9 Hours of World Class Tuition – Learn From An Elite Ableton Certified Trainer!
The Ultimate Course
We’ve all imagined what it must be like to perform to thousands of people on stage. The adrenaline, the bass, the crowds watching your every move.
Your guide on this music production journey has lived it. Traveling the world as a DJ and live act, he has channeled decades of knowledge and experience into this ultimate Ableton Live course.
Completely new to music production, or struggling to get inspiration for your tracks?
You’ve come to the right place.
You’ll learn how to construct beats, use audio effects, manipulate audio and synthesisers, mixdown and arrange your track plus a whole lot more!
Simon Stokes is an Ableton Certified Trainer who is an active music producer touring the world. You know you’re in safe hands.
MODULE 1 – DRUMS & FX
The first step of your journey is learning the interface and creating some great drum loops.
In Module 1 we focus on your first steps with Ableton Live – understanding the layout, working with Impulse & Drum Racks and bending and mangling your beats with audio effects.
We’re working exclusively with MIDI here, so every beat you create is truly your own.
MODULE 2 – SOUND DESIGN
This module deals with sound design in all its glory. First of all, you’ll learn a detailed approach to sound design with synthesisers, recreating classic acid TB-303 sounds, house pads, trance bass and lead sounds and much more.
Then we’ll look at warping, audio mangling and manipulation, how to work with drum loops and how to sample music to make edits to give you a well-rounded skill set for sound design inside Ableton Live.
MODULE 3 – ARRANGEMENT & WORKFLOW
In this module we’ll see your track develop from a vibe into a complete track. We’ll look at the arrangement view inside Ableton Live, before investigating different techniques for arranging your track.
Developing your workflow for music production is crucial to making music quickly, and by the end of the module, you’ll have yours dialed.
MODULE 4: MIXING & LAYERING
In the last module of the course, we delve into the dark art of the mixdown. Learn from a tutor with over 20 years of experience in mixing down tracks as you explore key concepts, EQing, compression, setting your levels and so much more.
Give your tracks the mixdown they deserve before your share your music with friends, DJs and record labels.
With 12 hours of tuition, you’ll learn exactly what it takes to put together a full track from start to finish.
The course comes with over 30 Ableton Live projects to show you the different stages of putting together an incredible track.
- An insane 12 hours of world-class tuition!
- 58 comprehensive videos covering building a full track in Ableton Live!
- 30 Ableton Live projects relating to the videos!
- Create your own house, techno or any other style of electronic music!
- A ‘cheat sheet’ of shortcuts to print off!
- To help you navigate your learning journey, the course is broken down into four core modules:
- Drums & FX
- Sound Design
- Arrangement & Workflow
- Mixing & Layering
- The Interface: Learn about how to navigate round Ableton Live including the browser, transport and mixer sections.
- Working in Session View: Building your ideas quickly and easily using Ableton Live’s killer feature.
- Creating a Beat: Start using Live’s powerful Impulse device to ditch the audio loops and create your beats from scratch.
- Core Percussion: Flesh out your kick drum with additional percussion.
- Creative Percussion: Time to get creative! Play around with other percussive parts to flesh out the groove.
- Drum Racks & Velocity: Learn how to use Live’s powerful drum racks with 808 and 909 sounds, plus much more.
- Working with Clips: Get taught how to manipulate Live’s clips to create interesting patterns.
- Introduction to Sound Design: Get an overview of what we’ll be covering in this module including audio manipulation and working with synths.
- Music Theory: Learn the core music theory that you need to know to be able to produce melodic music as well as dark techno.
- Drawing in Notes: Learn how to add an edit musical notes inside Live using the mouse, computer keyboard and MIDI controller
- MIDI Controllers: Get the most out of your Ableton Live experience by using a MIDI controller
- MIDI Mapping: Map up knobs and faders to get realtime performance control over your music production
- Synthesizer Basics: Learn about the fundamentals of synthesis such as oscillators, envelopes, filters and more!
- Ableton Analog: Get a detailed rundown of how to use this powerful synthesizer
- Introduction to Arrangement: Understand the arrangement view in Ableton Live and prepare to move to it.
- Track Structure: Learn about how dance music is structured to be effective in clubs and on the radio.
- Starting Your Arrangement: Find out how to begin moving your clips into a structure which keeps interest
- Additive & Subtractive Arrangement: Check out both ‘additive’ and ‘subtractive’ approaches to arrangement.
- Automation: Learn how to make parameters move over time and use some of the deeper automation functions inside Live
- Recording Automation: Use your mouse, keyboard or MIDI controller to record automation
- Introduction to Mixdowns: Learn about key concepts relating to the mixdown of your track, such as decibels, best interface settings and workflow
- EQ Three & EQ Eight: Delve into the powerful equalisation tools that are built into Ableton Live 10
- Making a ‘Self Reference’: How to use your own track as a reference for improving your mixdowns, this is an incredible technique!
- EQing Your Elements: We go through every track of the included project and EQ them individually, understanding key decisions along the way that lead to a professional mix.
- Levels & Panning: Sometimes all you need is to get the levels and panning correct, and here we look at techniques for perfecting your mix.
- Compressors: The dark art of compression is often misunderstood by beginers to music production. Get a grasp of what Ableton Live has to offer.
- Advanced Compressors: Understand all about Threshold, Ratio, Attack & Release settings on a compressor to make sure you’re using them appropriately.